ETE has a upcoming job vacancy for the Role of The School Outreach Co-Ordinator. If you think you would be perfect for this role then please email your CV and a covering letter to Laura Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 15th May 2013.
Role: School Outreach Coordinator
Full time/ Part time: Full Time during term time. Part Time during school holidays.
Salary: £15,600 pro rata (plus commission)
Education through Expeditions (ETE) is a not-for-profit organisation which has been running Polar education outreach activities, ‘Polar Fun Days,’ for both primary and secondary schools for over 4 years. The post holder will be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of the ETE outreach programme in schools across the country. The ideal candidate for this position should have a passion for the Polar Regions, have experience of work or travel in the Arctic or Antarctic, from either an adventure or science background and should wish to share their experience with young people. This role might also include the further development of educational resources for schools.
Key Role Responsibilities; (80%)
*The core role of the School Outreach Coordinator will be to deliver presentations and classroom activities/assemblies for schools based on personal Polar experience. The post holder will lead on the delivery and continuous development of an effective and flexible service for schools.
* Serve as a key external representative of ETE by gaining and communicating a thorough understanding of the ETE Brand positioning and services offered.
* Promote the additional benefits and opportunities offered by other ETE services specifically its web platform www.ETETeachers.org .
* Conduct informal and formal feedback surveys from teachers and pupils.
* Travel to education conferences and other outreach events to market programs, engage with prospective learners and/or conduct presentations.
* Demonstrate the ability to cultivate strong relationships with key educational partners and organisations to further develop new business and learner referral programs.
* Help to coordinate and develop a network of ETE Ambassadors across the country.
* Develop additional resources and materials for schools and teachers through a good understanding of teaching curriculums.
Operational Support Responsibilities; (20%)
* Facilitate timely, complete and accurate data entry to monitor effectiveness of outreach activities.
* Follow up on actions following initial contact with prospective customers or partners through phone calls or meetings at education fairs, career fairs, meetings, or outreach event.
* Support the preparation of reports and marketing materials as requested.
* Accept accountability for specific outreach and lead generation metrics and key performance indicators including the timeliness and accuracy of data entry of feedback.
* Serve on various committees and other special projects as needed.
* Perform consistently to meet or exceed performance targets.
* Work on other duties as reasonably requested on an ad hoc basis.
Qualifications and training
* Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to area of assignment OR equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
* Postgraduate qualification in a field appropriate to the area of assignment.
* Professional qualification or training related to teaching or science communication.
Knowledge and experience
* Experience of travel or field research in a polar environment.
* Working knowledge of the main learning principles and requirements of the National Curriculum.
* Experience in a Customer service or public-facing role
* Experience of public speaking
* Two years administrative/coordinative program experience.
* Demonstrable ability to successfully manage multiple projects concurrently, and occasionally work within ambiguous situations.
* Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, presentations, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
* Exceptionally self-motivated, creative, resourceful, and positive attitude
* Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team, with minimal supervision and an entrepreneurial, solutions-focussed approach.
* A commitment to excellent customer-service.
* Demonstrates ETE’s core values of excellence in education, student success, educational access, equality and diversity, and integrity.
* Ability to actively listen, understand and overcome obstacles because of strong problem solving skills.
* Excellent organisation, time management skills and attention to detail.
* Accomplished and versatile professional with a relentless drive for achieving results in a fast paced dynamic work environment.
* Strong networking and relationship building skills.
• Proven record of success in meeting/exceeding targets in a marketing, recruitment, WP or Outreach environment
• Analytical and results orientated
* A passion for assisting others in realising their goals through higher education.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint